What is a sauna and how is it used?
Taking its name from the land and culture in which it developed, sauna means wooden room in Finnish. It is a type of bathroom made of wood, based on the principle of high temperature and low humidity, where the temperature inside is typically between 80 and 95C. While the relative humidity in traditional Finnish saunas where dry heat is used, which Sauna Dekor has been producing and taking part in projects for years, generally varies between -20, the humidity rate is higher in other sauna types.
Wooden materials are mostly preferred in the design of saunas, which are used for relaxing and resting rather than cleaning in a room. Contrary to popular belief, sauna; It is not a type of hammam, but a health room that offers rest and relaxation without the purpose of cleaning, it is a cultural-physical event that regulates the heart, circulation and nervous system.
- Since intense water loss may occur during use, water should be taken into the body before using the sauna. The person can prevent the loss of water during use from harming the body by taking a shower and consuming a lot of water before use.
- Before using the sauna, clothes and items such as lenses, glasses, jewelry and watches should be removed. You should enter the sauna nude with a towel wrapped around the body or with a swimsuit.
- It is not suitable to sit directly on the wooden benches in the interior with high temperature. Before entering the sauna, you must sit on these benches with a towel you can buy.
- Sauna use should be between 5 and a maximum of 30 minutes. After the first 5 minutes, when the person starts to sweat on his own, he should leave the sun.
- In order to regulate the increased body temperature, the person should take a shower again or cool himself by entering the pool.
- If you want to take a moisture bath or relax by massaging the body again, after 15-20 minutes of rest, the sauna can be re-entered and the sauna can be used again for the specified time.
- After the sauna use is over, it is recommended to rest for about 15-20 minutes so that the body can adapt itself to normal weather conditions. After taking a shower and the body has completely cooled down, clothes should be put on.
- In order to balance the water lost in the sauna in the sauna, plenty of water should be drunk.
Saunas, whose countless benefits have been proven by the scientific world, and which make a unique contribution to every part of the body with regular use, can raise the skin temperature up to about 40°C during use. As the user's skin temperature rises, sweating occurs in the person, and together with this sweating, the body removes excess fat, and sweat removal purifies the body from toxins and dead cells. Rapid and intense temperature increases and decreases in the human body constitute the main principle of sauna.
As the blood vessels expand, blood flow accelerates, our organism tries to keep the body temperature constant by cooling the skin and reacts with intense sweating. The skin is revitalized by being cleared of dead cells. It has a soft and smooth surface. Intense sweating adjusts the balance of water and toxins in the human body. Regular sauna baths also help the respiratory tract to work more regularly. The sauna bath affects the cardiovascular system and blood pressure in a positive way, and actually provides a stress-free training to the heart and the whole cardiovascular system. Sauna causes an increase in total blood proteins. This increase allows more oxygen to reach the tissues. Sauna provides an excellent environment for physical and mental health. Removing toxins with a harmonious temperature, resting and then taking a shower with cold water regulates blood circulation, reduces tension, provides rest and peace. You can gift yourself health, peace and pleasure by using it once a week or a few times a year.
How to Make a Sauna?
In addition to mega projects such as hotels, SPAs, and gyms, saunas can also be included in residential projects according to the user's demand. Upon the special request of the users, a sauna system can be installed in their homes. Sauna Dekor Spa Solutions, which has been involved in many domestic and international projects with more than 30 years of experience; It allows you to create the sauna room that will create the pleasure, relaxation and resting environment of your dreams in your living spaces with the services it provides at every stage of the project, from design concept to implementation, from project management to logistics.
Home saunas are insulated rooms and structures where different heat elements are preferred. There are construction stages that you need to pay attention to in the saunas you will create in your home or in your projects. The most important issue to be considered during the construction of the sauna, each of which is determined as a part of a whole, is the choice of location.
Do you want a single sauna with no connection, do you want to turn your garage into a sauna, or do you want to use the extra room in your house as your new sauna? There is a wide variety of places you can choose from to add a sauna to your life, so you should decide where you want it. As a result of the meetings with our professional team, you can choose the right place where your sauna will be located.
Sauna Dekor offers holistic solutions to your dreams with its years of experience and service quality.
Services offered by Sauna Dekor while adding your relaxing and relaxing saunas to your living spaces:
- Location: It is necessary to decide where the sauna will be located in the project where you want the sauna to be located. Which room of the house or where the sauna can be located (garage, basement, attic, any room, etc.) is determined by the owner and our expert team, guided by the professional team of Sauna Dekor.
- Design: After the location where the sauna will be built is determined, our design team listens to the dreams of the project owners in order to create the dream environment, and the sauna design starts to make their dreams come true.
- Application and Installation: The assembly process, which is also described as the process of making the dreams of the customers come true by combining the preferred wood textures, other selected materials and decoration items in the design, is carried out by Sauna Dekor's expert assembly team.
- Maintenance: Sauna Dekor, which always stands behind its designs, product quality and service, provides periodic sauna maintenance and service with its expert team. The maintenance of your saunas, which is due for maintenance, is carried out by our competent team.
There are many different sauna companies that offer sauna, hammam and spa solutions in Turkey and abroad. Sauna Dekor Spa Solutions, which contributes to the dissemination of the use of Spa & Wellness with the international fairs it attends and the projects it is a part of, is among the leading sauna companies of the sector with its quality materials and accurate manufacturing techniques and more than 30 years of experience by examining the culture on site; It has accomplished flawless implementations in numerous projects. Sauna Dekor, which is a solution partner to many projects in more than 20 different countries in the country and globally, continues to serve customers at all stages of the establishment of individual and corporate spa centers, and helps you to create sauna rooms in your projects and living spaces with its professional team and quality service understanding.
Cost of Building a Sauna
One of the most curious questions of those who want to add the relaxing effect of sauna to their living spaces is how much it will cost to build a sauna. Sauna prices and cost of sauna construction; It varies according to the size of the sauna to be built, the amount of necessary materials to be used in the manufacture of the sauna, the quality and properties of the selected material. The range of materials to be used for the manufacture of saunas is very wide. These also play a major role in determining sauna prices.
Many different parameters such as the size of the area where the sauna will be built, the stages of preparation for the application, the logistics cost of the project, and the material preferences also change the sauna price. For the most accurate information about how much the sauna you want to include in your project will cost, you can contact the Sauna Dekor Spa & Solutions team and benefit from the experience of our expert team.
What You Need to Know in Sauna Construction
The first point you should pay attention to when starting the sauna production is the heater selection, which forms the heart of the sauna. The choice of a heater to be selected in accordance with the sauna room to be created and the heating control methods related to it will greatly affect the relaxing and relaxing experience you will get. The temperature ranges and the quality of the heating stones of the sauna are among the design decisions that you should pay attention to when creating your design.
One of the most important criteria is to determine the place where the sauna will be located. The minimum ceiling height given for a sauna design in Turkey and abroad is 195 cm. If there is no special design request, saunas usually have a ceiling height of 210-240 cm.
One of the most important choices in the design of saunas is the choice of wood for the sitting area and walls. Cedar, Pine, Fir, Spruce and Ayous trees are generally preferred in sauna designs in Turkey. According to the design you want in the interior and the cost of the sauna you plan, Sauna Dekor guides you with its professional team and helps you choose the right tree type.
Glass is generally preferred for the sauna door. The choice of a stylish, aesthetic and durable glass door that will adapt to your design provides long years of use as it is resistant to high temperature levels and wet and dry steam fluctuations.
In order to increase the efficiency of the sauna, you should use the sitting benches intensively and minimize the floor space that will be wasted. Maximizing the seating area will also increase the number of people who will use the sauna at the same time, allowing for crowded use.
Some features should be considered while choosing the heater stones recommended for use for electric heaters. The heater stones to be selected should be resistant to high temperatures and heat fluctuations that will occur inside the sauna. They should not form dust and should not emit odor. It is desirable that the heater stones hold the water and not drip the water, and it should have the feature to give enough heat to the sauna.
Stages of Sauna Manufacturing
The most important and primary step of your sauna manufacturing decision to add the relaxing effect of the sauna to your living spaces is to correctly determine the area where the sauna will be built. If it will be located inside the house or the project, a place where plumbing, heating and electricity can be easily accessed should be chosen. For a sauna to be designed outdoors, the location of the sauna should be determined so that the area sits on a flat surface, away from overhanging trees and running water.
If the area where the sauna will be located is technically and physically suitable, such as the size and distance to mechanical installations, the sauna design desired by the user should be started. What style should the sauna room be built, which wood type should be preferred, the cost of the materials to be selected, etc. all must be determined at this stage according to the imagined design. After the sauna design, the application process is carried out professionally by the Sauna Dekor Spa & Solutions installation team in your home or in the appropriate area of your project.
It is recommended that sauna construction be done by professional and expert teams. Individual sauna construction is also very common in the country and abroad. In order to bring the peace of sauna to your living spaces, you can use the following information about sauna construction:
- Choose the right place for your sauna. When determining the location of your sauna, do not forget about the features (minimum dimensions, proximity to technical systems, flat floor, etc.).
- Lay the woods that make up the inner frame of the sauna according to standard framing codes. Make sure the stub areas are in every corner. For correct and good ventilation indoors, leave 3 ventilation points according to your door position, heater type and seating arrangement. Determine the area for the seating areas and window areas that you want to create in the design.
- Insulate the frame and ceiling of your sauna. It is recommended to insulate the inner frame with fiberglass, although the insulation material is not of great importance. You should add a vapor barrier to keep moisture away from the fiberglass and to use your sauna longer.
- Cover the interior with your wooden timbers that are compatible with your design and that you want to see in your space. Remember to leave gaps in the ventilation holes. At this time, you can make arrangements for lighting elements and technical cables that are compatible with your design in decoration.
- Create your sitting areas in the sauna.
- Install the sauna door. The doors, which are mostly preferred glass recently, should be placed in a way that they open outwards and should be unlocked in order to intervene in a situation that may affect the health of the person inside.
- Install your preferred sauna heater by following the installation information provided with the system. Place your lights. Finish the technical application part by placing the sauna stones in the heater. It is now entirely up to you to decide on the design elements and decoration items you will prefer from now on, and transform your sauna into a unique and original relaxation place!
Sauna Dekor Spa & Solutions offers holistic services to your projects with its years of experience and quality service. You can contact us to add your aesthetic, stylish and elegant saunas, where every detail in your living spaces is created by our professional team.
Important Factors in Sauna Construction
Technical specifications, design details, budget and project management, assembly and application are all important and must be considered in sauna construction and manufacturing. It is recommended that you get consultancy services from experts in the field so that you can make the right choices by consulting with experts in the field for sauna construction, and to provide convenience during the design and implementation of your project.
Sauna Dekor Spa & Solutions has been involved in numerous projects at home and abroad with its experience of more than 30 years. With the experience gained in each project and the service quality that it has increased day by day over the years, it provides the opportunity to bring the saunas of your dreams to your living spaces, together with its professional team.
Materials Used in Sauna Construction
Different tree species are preferred according to the desired effect in sauna designs. Panels are used on the sidewalls and ceilings of saunas. Cedar, Pine, Fir, Spruce and Ayous trees are generally preferred in Turkey according to customers' requests, budgets and design requirements.
Slats are used in the sitting areas and floor grills of saunas, as they have the feature of not burning the body with high temperatures and can be used for many years without deteriorating since they do not react with human sweat. As Sauna Dekor Spa & Solutions, our solutions usually include Aspen, Abachi etc. We use the trees as battens. The compatibility of the wood species we prefer with the sauna function, resistance to high temperatures and long-term usability are of extra importance for the preferences in living areas.
Recently, glass has been preferred as a sauna door. The sauna door should be preferred to be opened to the outside and unlocked, taking into account the risk of health problems for the person inside. Indoors where wood is preferred instead of glass, a glass window can be left to see inside. The panic button to be used in an emergency should also be placed in the sauna, even if the person inside has a negative situation.
Heater selection is one of the most important decisions in sauna designs. Recently, sauna heaters working with electrical energy have been used. Sauna stones, which are placed on the heater and help the formation of steam in the sauna, consist of volcanic stones. Stones on which water is poured for steam formation are volcanic stones that are resistant to high temperatures and will not crack when water is poured.
It can be used in decorative elements that affect the design, apart from the materials that should be technically present in the sauna design. Hourglass, sauna bucket with water inside for steam formation and humidity balance so that the person staying inside can determine the time spent in a healthy way, essences that will spread aromatic smells in the sauna, temperature and humidity ratio in the sauna for those who want to experience the relaxing effect of aromatherapy, which has been on the agenda in recent years. You can design your sauna to be completely unique to you by choosing decorative items that will contribute to your sauna decoration, such as measuring devices that show
Sauna Models and Prices
Bringing the spa & wellness culture to your projects with its quality services from the design stage to its logistics, from assembly and application to maintenance, Sauna Dekor Spa & Solutions offers the relaxing and peaceful effect of sauna to your living spaces with 3 sauna types.
- Infrared Sauna: These are saunas in which modern infrared technology is used as a heating source and offers the closest heat quality to the sun's rays. The infrared rays used in these saunas penetrate deep into the body by providing a comfortable temperature without overheating the skin and respiratory system like traditional saunas. This allows you to have a more comfortable and enjoyable time in the sauna.
- Bio Sauna: It is a type of sauna that provides a soft sauna atmosphere and offers aromatherapy (smell therapy) and chromotherapy (therapy with colored light) options where the cabin temperature is 50-60 °C and the humidity is 60%. With your family, friends or solo sauna bath, you can get away from the stressful world and spare time for your health. The sauna, which is no longer a luxury, has proven to be a healthy practice for a stress-free and healthy life. In addition to the beauty of the skin, the sauna also prevents the formation of unwanted lubrication and cellulite in some areas. In short, the sauna is an excellent choice for body health and beauty.
- Portable Sauna: Portable saunas provide the same benefits as a regular sauna. Since it is easier to use and portable, it does not need a permanent place. Since it does not require large areas and high costs, it provides the user with a much easier sauna experience. Portable saunas are generally designed to be suitable for single-person use.
Sauna prices; It varies according to the sauna model to be preferred, the size of the application area, and the feature of the selected material. Contact Sauna Dekor for the most accurate information, remember that you can get the most accurate information from the expert team of Sauna Dekor, which makes your dreams come true.